About

Remote Shepherd is the capstone project for Long Shot Games, a group of five graduate students in RIT's Game Design and Development masters program. The game allows the player to step into the shoes of a group of vigilantes who have decided to put their skills gained as Marine Scout Snipers to use in cleaning their city of criminal organizations. This blog will track both the ongoing design and development of the project.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dave McKean Should Be Flattered, Right? Right?

So, what do you do when your game is a week from the final deadline and you realize you want some cool promotional art, splash screens and loading screens? Why, you task it to your AI engineer! Wait, why doesn't that sound right? Anyways, when I thought about what these images should look like, my mind immediately went to one of my favorite artists, who has done album covers and comic covers: Dave McKean. I had three images in particular of his in my mind when creating the images for our game:

The Sandman Vol. 7 Cover


The Last Temptation album cover, also the cover of Book I of The Last Temptation Comic


Cover of Book III of The Last Temptation comic

The middle image hangs on my wall as a large print. With those images in mind I created:

Remote Shepherd comic book cover


Remote Shepherd splash screen


Remote Shepherd loading screen

2 comments:

  1. Really digging the style Dan! Good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable information.
    https://www.technokryon.com/hire-developers

    ReplyDelete