About

Remote Shepherd is the capstone project for Long Shot Games, a group of five graduate students in RIT's Game Design and Development masters program. The game allows the player to step into the shoes of a group of vigilantes who have decided to put their skills gained as Marine Scout Snipers to use in cleaning their city of criminal organizations. This blog will track both the ongoing design and development of the project.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Hit The Redo Button

Last week a few of us attended GDC and I managed to attend several of the sessions dealing with different aspects of a games narrative. Along with giving me tons of new information I could apply towards our game it also gave me the chance to take a step back and examine "Remote Shepherd". By the time I got back from GDC I had determined that I had made a major design mistake as far as our missions went.

I had designed the missions first around a narrative ark and then tried to wrap gameplay around it. This left us with a story that we were unsure we could tell with a shrinking art team and a game that I did not see as fun anymore. So I had determined that we needed to scrap the missions we had designed for the story and craft a new one that was designed around the gameplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment